Sunday, March 15, 2009

Living in Austin

       We've lived in Austin for almost a year now and are finally starting to enjoy life here. Justin is a graphic designer at Sibley-Peteet Design on 6th Street. He works very long hours during the week and even goes into the office on Saturdays when needed. I recently completed orientation as charge nurse at St David's NICU. I enjoy my job, but I still have to work the night shift. My new years resolution was to start (and keep up) a blog. It's already the middle of March, but at least it is getting done! With my odd hours at work and our distance from family, I figured a blog would be the best way to give updates on our life. My sister, Amy, lives in Canyon with her husband, Kelsey and their little 3 month old little girl, Mia. She's the first baby in our family, so she's going to be very spoiled! We don't get to see my parents often because they are still living in Knoxville, TN. Gorgeous town, but way too far away. Justin's sister, Kelly, is living in Lubbock, working as a speech pathologist. Fortunately, his parents are still in Sugar Land, so we get to see them often. They came to Austin to help us move a few weeks ago. We are much happier (and so are our two dogs) in our new house. We also use them as our dog-sitters when we go on vacation. Five dogs is more than I could ever handle on my own, but somehow they do it! We just got back from a cruise to Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. Justin and his family have gone on several cruises but this was my first. Quite the adventure...