Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Alamo & Riverwalk in San Antonio


    Justin and I decided to go to San Antonio for the night just to get away last weekend. I don't know why we can't just relax when we're home, but there is always so much to do. We drove down early Saturday morning, checked into the beautiful Hotel Valencia, and had lunch on the river before heading to the Alamo. Justin was very excited about the Alamo. He started telling me all the history I thought I needed to know, and then proceeded to a tent where we got head sets for an audio tour! Way too much information for me, but I was happy that Justin was enjoying the tour. The Alamo grounds were very pretty and well kept. After about an hour and a half of Alamo history, we walked around, shopped a bit, and enjoyed some drinks around the area. We ate dinner on the river at a wonderful italian restaurant. Justin had steak and shrimp and I had lobster alfredo-both amazing! After dinner we walked down to a little sports bar and watched the basketball game. We had a wonderful weekend just the two of us, but our girls were very happy to have us back home!