Friday, September 25, 2009

Stormy Night!

       So it hasn't rained in Austin almost ALL year long, but a couple weeks ago was a different story! Justin and I were home waiting for Kelly and her friends to get in town and the sky opened up. Sadie was hiding in the bath tub (smart dog) shaking her little tail off while Mattie and I were on the back porch enjoying a drink and watching the storm.
 All of a sudden a HUGE gust of wind and loud whistling sounds hit and I couldn't even see my feet. I ran back inside, threw my drink on the floor and had to use my entire body to shut the back door. When I looked up at Justin, his eyes were huge and he started laughing at me thinking I was over dramatic at whatever was going in our backyard. After I could see in the backyard again, we walked outside and noticed our big tree had been completely uprooted and there was debris everywhere. 

A wind tunnel had landed and swept through our street. There were trees and power lines down all around our house. Luckily, our house was not actually hit by any trees, they just got very close. However, out of the other 9 trees that had been uprooted, 4 had damaged roofs. Here's a few pics of afterwards, although they don't look nearly as bad as I remember it being : )