Monday, July 4, 2011

A little piece of Heaven...San Carlos.

I am eXtReMeLy fortunate that my grandparents are happy & healthy...and live in the most wonderful place on Earth! I went down to Mexico a few days after getting back from Italy. You know you always say "I need a vacation after a vacation?!" Well, I got it! After being a typical tourist in Italy with lots of walking and sightseeing, I got to spend a week doing nothing but sitting on a beach, enjoying cold beverages and eating guacamole. Delightful!

My morning started early...I left the house around 5:30am, drove myself to the airport, waited forever for the shuttle, enjoyed some tea, boarded, landed in Phoenix, RAN through the airport to catch the tiny plane in time and landed in San Carlos where Grammy and my mom were waiting. Welcome to Paradise!!!


We went to JJ's for lunch where DD met up with us. Then headed straight to the Soggy Peso.




We enjoyed a full afternoon of sun & Tecate, and then ventured home. Showered and ready to go again, we headed back to the Soggy Peso for the Full Moon Party!!!

Grilling our dinner!

"VIP" wristbands...pretty funny
So proud of these two...living the dream.

The full moon...reason for the party!


It was a blast. Great food, great company. Grammy & DD know how to live well!

The next morning my mom and I got up early and walked the town. We have been coming to San Carlos for 26 years, so it's fun to see the changes. Every year, there are more new houses, resturaunts, shops, etc, but our favorite places have remained unchanged. Here are some pics from the walk:






Then, back to the Soggy Peso.





Drinks and Guacamole. Some cards on the beach. Dip in the ocean. Repeat. Then home for some sleep and do it again the next day!

We started out with an amazing brunch with Grammy & DD...

Then headed back to the beach.


Today we had some entertainment! This bar tender was "skipping" and his roommates dog looooved chasing him. My mom was obsessed with this little dog that looks like a mix of her last two dogs: Doberman & Rat Terrior. She wants one...seriously. The little dog would come over to us and enjoy a little shade in between his runs!


A big thanks to Grammy for my private salsa dancing lesson!!! I'll spare everyone the videos, but it's safe to say I will be sticking with tennis.



We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast, then beached it!




After another perfect & relaxing day of doing nothing, we ate at Charlie's Rock! I have a picture of me here when I was 3 years old!!! Wish I could find it and post it...I'll try.
The next day Aunt Debbie came to play in San Carlos!!! So after a morning of playing with our iPads and Kindles, we headed to the airport. My grandparents are the smartest people in the world and they have been able to keep with the technology better than me! After showing them my iPad, they are getting one...how awesome are they?!
Happy Father's Day! Champagne & Filete to celebrate!!!

Grammy's new (& fabulous) kitchen! Just what she ordered!!
My sweet Aunt Debbie- I am SO thankful for her.
The grill masters!


The next day we did some shopping- talavera & jewelry. Then enjoyed the last day at Soggy Peso including Debbie, and of course, cards, quacamole & cerveza!



A quick stop & photo op in the cactus forrest



Debbie & Me
Mom & Antonio...best waiter ever. We never had to ask for a drink or quac refill. And, as soon as he would see us pull in each morning, he would set up beach chairs with an umbrella. Hope he is still there next year!
We celebrated our vacation & last night with a delicious meal on the water! Shrimp a la crema for me...going out with a meal I would never order in the states : )





This is really cool...
Here is a picture of their house in 1986:


and then 25 years later!


Now for all the add-ons:



The entire guest house is stunning...but I didn't take pictures : (


My parents...at least 25 years ago!

Even the marina...it's gotten a bit larger!
Amy left San Carlos TWO days before I arrived, but here are some pictures from her visit I stole from my mom's camera!







And for good measure...a couple adorable pictures from 25 years ago of cousins Anne & Brian on the beach that Soggy Peso now sits on. Our entire family truly loves San Carlos. Lets see what it looks like in 25 more years!!!