Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kyla's Baby Shower


I never thought I could fit 50 warm bodies in my living room, but it happened last Saturday! We all gathered to shower Kyla and her little girl on the way, Ainsley. I have been slightly stressed with this big event because I wanted everything to be perfect. Fortunately my mom came in town a couple weeks before the shower and showed me how to use the sewing machine again and came up with some really cute ideas. We made table runners and coasters in pink and green fabric, a diaper cake with 200 diapers and baby items, a door hanger, flowers arrangements, guessing bags and more. It all came together nicely just before the shower. I was so pleased to be able to host this even for my best friend. I knew I would be doing it, just didn't know when! Kyla is 35 weeks today, do it won't be too much longer before she is here. My guess is three and a half more weeks before we finally get to meet her. I'll post as soon as she arrives!