Sunday, December 13, 2009

Adventures with Mia


So that's what parenting is like....
I never could have guessed how much I laughed, doubted myself or acted like I was the one year old. Spending five days with Mia was quite the adventure. She is JUST like her parents, but a smaller, much cuter package! Mia is just over a year old and a bundle of energy. She gave me a run for my money! The little alarm clock woke up every morning by 5:30am and was ready to hit the ground "crawling." We spent the first couple of hours playing with toys, fetch with Mattie, reading the same Jingle Bells book or singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Following breakfast and a quick nap, we usually went out to run errands or some Christmas shopping. She is very entertained as long as there is lots to see and touch. We would come back, eat lunch and if I was lucky, take an afternoon nap. I became very productive with the one hour during the day I had by myself. After nap, more play, reading the same book, more fetch with Mattie, snooping around the house and eventually a bath. Bath time was by far the most enjoyable part of the day. She loves the water, entertains herself and just makes me laugh! After dinner and more play, she was usually worn out and practically begging to go to bed! She was easy to tug along anywhere we went and I enjoyed having a little one with us. With that said, Justin and I have reinforced our thought that we should wait a while longer before we have our own! Until then, we will just keep Mia and pretend she is our own.