Friday, January 22, 2010

Christmas in Breckenridge

I have never had a snowy Christmas like this before! I joined the McCoys this year for their annual trip to Breckenridge, CO. We stayed in a cabin at the base of the mountain and walked the town every night. I felt like I was in a movie with the snow covered colorful shops lining the streets, live nativity scene, Christmas music and snow flakes falling! We spent a couple days skiing (Justin skied EVERY day), a day at the spa with Kelly, and many afternoons at the local pubs playing counter top games, pool and sipping on the micro-brewed ice cold beer. When Justin was skiing alone, Kelly, Terry, Cindy and I were in the lodge drinking hot chocolate with schnapps and playing lots of cards. With the wind chill being -22*, the girls just couldn't ski everyday! We went to Christmas Eve service in a tiny little church where we all had to split up to find seats. Cindy and I sat in a chair in front of the front row. I felt like we were part of the service! We went out every evening for wonderful dinners around the town, usually followed by just going back to the cabin and sitting by the fire. On the last night, we went to another town to see Avatar and experience the 3-D glasses and special effects. Great trip and nobody got hurt! Thank you Terry and Cindy for a wonderful Christmas vacation!