Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


This year, Amy, Kelsey and Mia flew down and spent five days with Justin and I in Sugar Land. I was so happy that they were coming our way for Thanksgiving and Mia's 2nd birthday. Every morning was nice and slow...Amy, Mia and I would sit with our coffee/tea for over an hour, watch Mia play and plan our day. In the evenings, Mia would get her bath (enhanced with toys and glow-sticks!) and then head over to Justin for her bedtime story.






Mia "helped" cook with me for every meal. I think we might have a chef on our hands. As soon as I would walk into the kitchen, she would say "Chair for me?" and of course, I would drop whatever was in my hands so she could get up there with me. I remember helping my mom cook, so I only hope she remembers a little bit of this. 

We would then head to the park and watch Mia and the dogs run around. We headed over to the McCoy's house for Thanksgiving dinner. The boys headed over early to prep and fry the turkeys.
 The girls stayed back and made all the sides. We enjoyed a wonderful meal with Terry, Cindy, Cindy's mom, Kelly, John, Amy, Kelsey, Mia, Justin and myself. It was wonderful for everyone to be around the same table. I know how lucky I am to be able to "mix" my family. After the meal, we watched football, went out on the boat, fished a little and then came home. The next day, just as Amy and I swore we were not going to do, we went shopping...on Black Friday! However, we got some great deals and spent some time with just us. Friday night, Erin and Chase headed over and the 6 (plus Mia) chowed down on some Pappasitos and killed some "Angry Birds". 

It felt like the holidays with the cousins around, drinking, and the house decked out in decor. We stayed up too late and woke up too early, but had to decorate and start making the multiple cakes for Mia's birthday party. 
Kelsey's sister and her girls were coming over to celebrate. Mia got to be really good at opening her gifts by the end and it was so much fun to watch all the girls play. 




After the birthday party, we headed to Town Center to enjoy a glass of wine and the Christmas lights. 




The weekend went by too quickly, the Monks flew back to Canyon, the Pabody's drove back to Katy, and Justin and I were left with a very quiet house and lots of work ahead before our mini vacation! 

 

Mia's sad because she didn't want to leave. I didn't want her to leave either.