Sunday, December 19, 2010

My babies!


Welcome back blogspot...sorry I've been gone so long. Life has been absolutely INSANE lately. Since the week of Thanksgiving, we have been either working, hosting, or traveling without a single day at home, until today. So in between the unpacking, many loads of laundry, cleaning, and re-packing I've decided to post some long overdue pics. Besides my little Mia who will always be my first baby love, I've fallen in love with a few other little ones. Although I get to be with babies every day at work, these babies reign top!
 
My friends Megan and Chance had their sweet little girl, Rowan in the beginning of summer. 
She was born with biliary atresia and that diagnosis has taken them on a very long journey through multiple surgeries and a long stay at Texas Children's Hospital now recovering well from her liver transplant. Rowan is such a fighter and although she was constantly poked and messed with, every time I have visited, she has been all smiles. You can follow Rowan on her own blog here! Thanks for the prayers for Rowan, they have obviously been heard!


The next little one is Layla. 
Miss Layla was one of my NICU babies that was born at just 2 lbs. She stayed in the NICU for three months before she was able to go home. Although she still had a lot of growing to do, Layla went home weighing less than 6 lbs. I went over to her house to babysit her a few weeks ago and talked to the parents about how tiny she still was and she should be bigger by now. After a few office visits, she too like Rowan, ended up at Texas Children's Hospital. She just got out of surgery to place a g-button (feeding tube) in and will try to put on some weight before her heart surgery. Layla grew close to my heart because not only did I take care of her for three months, but her parents are amazing. Her level headed mother who visited her several times a day and her very funny british dad with his accent made me truly enjoy the entire family. Here are a few pics from my visit to Layla's.
Meet Charlie. 
This handsome little man is Allison's baby. She lives about 2 miles away which makes last minute shopping simple to plan. I worked with Alli at West Houston Medical Center. She is a L&D nurse, and although she knows how painful and dangerous the birth process can be, she toughed it out and braved it out and had this little boy at home! I love the constant texts and picture mail I get of Charlie and his milestones- Keep them coming Alli! 
Finally the baby I get to see most often (which is still never enough) is Ainsley, my best friend's baby who has graced this blog a few times.
 This little girl is the most calm, peaceful, and relaxed baby I have EVER met. Kyla and I still get to go shopping and out to eat like we did before she was ever even pregnant. Sweet little Ainsley just sits in her seat or with us and stares quietly. How on Earth did Kyla and Wyatt get so lucky to have such a perfect little girl?! They deserved it. And I'm one lucky aunt to get to have her in my life too. Here's a few pictures from when we too her to the wine bar!