Monday, January 24, 2011

My Blessed Family Christmas!

        I am so very fortunate to have been able to spend Christmas with my Woodward side of the family. Although we are all over the world, we stay connected through e-mails, facebook and skype. Growing up, every Christmas was spent at my parents house with Debbie's family of 6 making the trip down to Pecan Grove. We had the traditional Christmas Eve dinner of tamales, church service, then music and drinks while looking at all the lights in the neighborhood. Followed by a very large slumber party and waking up early to come downstairs in matching pjs and opening up gifts. Well, times change once everyone grows up, gets married, and moves all over the world. Everyone was not present, but I was able to join in on the ones that were! Debbie had decorated her house and all her kids and their spouses were there. The beef was on the grill, poinsettas and mimosas filled every glass, train around the Christmas tree, stockings were hung, and my precious family welcomed Justin and I for Christmas dinner, followed by lots of gifts! I was overwhelmed with emotions, from my parents being in Australia, my grandparents being in Mexico, and my sister being in Canyon, but at that moment, life couldn't have been any better than being with my Godmother (my Aunt) and all my cousins! I love love love my family and am so thankful I got to be with them on Christmas. Here's a few pics from their cameras as I didn't have mine...

Skyping with my parents


Enjoying my cousins and ALL the dogs!